Today’s co-host is Miles Beckler. Miles is a veteran online entrepreneur with 17 plus years of experience and expertise in digital marketing and affiliate marketing. He started with MySpace back in 2003, then built an agency, and is now working with his wife full-time on their meditation business.
Miles is on a mission to help business owners focus on what matters most by sharing exactly what’s working in internet marketing today. There’s always money to be made somewhere, but that’s not what drives him; it’s being of service to others. He’s passionate about spirituality and mindfulness, which is what led to Ask-Angels.com – the business that he and his wife run together.
As the economic landscape continues to shift, we’re seeing many new opportunities crop up while other businesses and sectors completely disappear. Flexibility and a willingness to try new things have always been an important part of successful entrepreneurship, but it’s now truer than ever.
In this episode, we dive into feeling awkward about publishing, reflecting on your why, and what that means for you when you get punched in the face. We also talk about where, how, and why Miles got into digital marketing, why affiliate marketing isn’t just links, and how to figure out where to start creating content when you’re the face of your business.
- Affiliate Marketing is a great way to deliver what you need to your high-end clients while still capturing revenue from a segment that isn’t ready to buy your services.
- If you’re building an email list, it’s important to remember the relationship you have with those subscribers and humanize them instead of treating them as numbers. When the time is right, they will look to you for expertise and/or recommendations in your specific niche.
- Affiliate marketing done right is, “I use this, I love this. It creates these results for me. Let me show you how I use this tool to get these results. And by the way, if you want it, you can just click right here.”
- If you’re getting started as the face of your brand, you need to determine your medium (writing, video, audio, etc.) and then be dedicated to creating that content on a regular basis.
Links and Important Mentions
- Miles Beckler’s Site
- Miles’ YouTube Channel
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- Jab Jab Jab Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuck
- Shure MV-88 Digital Mic