Mike has been in the trenches, successfully building systems and automations and knows what he’s talking about. He’s super passionate about helping people create better funnels and drive more sales.
In this episode, we dive into what a sales funnel is and why it has a bad rap. We also talk about why it’s important to do everything manually, before thinking about automation. Throughout the episode, we touch on the framework behind doing discovery calls and how to ask the tough questions, including the big one (budgets!) in a way that gets you the answers you need.
In this episode Mike talks about:
- The real definition of a funnel and why it sometimes gets a bad reputation.
- What you’re probably doing wrong when it comes to discovery calls.
- Why he’s made a mission out of getting sales training into the hands of children and schools.
- Sales funnels don’t create customers out of thin air, they just make your current customer attraction method better.
- You can’t automate something that you’re not already doing manually — automation only improves current tactics.
- Don’t start selling right away on a discovery call. Ask a lot of questions and get a feel for the business you’ll be working with instead of trying to sell them.