Today’s guest is Josh Doody. Josh is a salary negotiation coach. He’s the author of Fearless Salary Negotiation and helps his clients earn what they’re worth with the strategies and tactics he’s created and refined as both an employee and entrepreneur.
Josh started out as an engineer before finding his way to a project management role at a small software company. Part of his job was to help businesses implement performance management software, which directly exposed him to the inner workings of how many companies modeled compensation and paid their employees.
Josh used that experience and knowledge to significantly increase his own salary multiple times. After helping friends and family achieve the same success, Josh decided to write a book and share these tactics with the wider world. That would eventually become the Fearless Salary Negotiation book and course.
Josh found that his experience and expertise were well suited for software developers, so he niched down and began focusing exclusively on coaching and salary negotiation for software developers.
Through lots of experimentation and listening to client feedback, Josh has been able to continually refine and iterate on his content, which improves his organic visibility.
Josh is currently working on growing his business. He spends much of his time experimenting with his content and products and working with his coaching clients.I give so much away for free. It turns out that generates a lot of traffic and interest.Click To Tweet
In this episode Josh talks about:
- How to use your clients’ language in your own content.
- The importance of connecting your offering directly to your customers’ ROI.
- Creating content that can stand the test of time and provide ongoing success.
- Listening to your customers and their feedback is critical to niching down and better positioning.
- Giving away high quality content is a great way to build your brand and solidify your credibility in a specific niche.
- Create the content that your audience asks you for.