Today's guest is Adam Pierno. Adam is a speaker, author, and marketing strategist who has built a career out of helping people simplify their approach to marketing. He's most passionate about connecting people to help them accomplish their goals.
Born out of an interest in how people think and make decisions, Adam spends a lot of time thinking about consumer culture and human behavior from both personal and commercial perspectives.
Adam began his career as an art director, and the process of writing creative briefs immediately piqued his interest in how people think. He enjoyed writing the creative briefs and getting to the primary insights of how to truly make a connection. From there, he began reading psychology books and papers, and observing what makes people tick and motivates them.
Adam spends a considerable amount of time trying to help people understand the topics he's covered in his books. You can find Adam at various speaking engagements throughout the year and listen to his podcast, The Strategy Inside Everything.
[Tweet "'The fear of leaving money on the table is real, but saying no comes with the confidence of knowing that you've built a business and you're doing things right. You're good enough at what you're doing to pass on it because something else will come through the door.' @apierno"]
In this episode Adam talked about:
- Why it's important to think about human behavior and how it can drive your business forward.
- Building and understanding customer personas.
- Saying "no" with confidence.
- At a basic level, marketing is figuring out the habit of the person that you're trying to reach and what drives them as it relates to your brand or product.
- Build customer personas early on. Write out what your customer looks like and what makes them different. Put a lot of thought into this exercise.
- Send out surveys to better understand your customer's pain points and who they are. It can lead to some pretty big results. But even without drastic changes, that kind of feedback is invaluable.
Important Mentions in this Episode
Season 5: Selling Your Service
More episodes in this season:
S05 E01 - How to elevate and position your business with Rob and Kennedy from ResponseSuite
S05 E02 - How to Delight and Engage Your Users with Mike Kelly
S05 E03 - How to Overcome Your Fears and Become an Audio Influencer with Mark Asquith
S05 E04 - Screening Your Clients and Scaling Your Business with Jared Gold
S05 E05 - Simplification, Experimentation, and Connecting With Your Customers with James Rose
S05 E06 - How to get out of presentation mode, master client communication, and price on value with Blair Enns
S05 E07 - Niching Down, Podcasting, and Shaping your Career with Matt Johnson
S05 E08 - Self-Promotion, Social Media, and Content Marketing with Ilise Benun
S05 E09 - How To Use Marketing Funnels, Discovery Calls and Automations to Get More Sales with Mike Killen
S05 E10 - SEO, Networking, and Niching Down with Josh Garofalo
S05 E11 - Overcoming Fear, Saying No With Confidence, and Finding your Ideal Client with Adam Pierno